Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As Time Goes By!

Well, to say it has been a while since I've blogged would be the understatement of the century.  Since I've blogged my last name has changed, a billion of my friends have had gorgeous babies, I've been blessed by new friendships and had to say goodbye to some amazing friends who have moved away!  I've had bunion surgery on both my feet, and Chad has changed jobs twice!  All in all, we have been blessed.

Chad and I were married on April 17, 2010.  Doesn't seem like it was that long ago that Chad was running to the dollar store to get an under shirt because he didn't pack any and I was trying not to cry as my dad maintained a somewhat solemn disposition before the wedding.  Don't hear me wrong, he is thrilled that his baby girl is happy but he repeated very often to me 'why you want to leave me?'  What a joyous day it was!


After the wedding, we were off to a week in Hawaii!  A week we thoroughly enjoyed despite a little sun poisoning! 


After we got back, we settled in to life as normal, well while making all those adjustments you make in the first year.  We eventually joined a young married sunday school class at church.  Through this class, I truly believe we've made some life long friends and also enhanced some of the friendships we already had!  We have been so very blessed to have these people in our lives.  Here are a couple of images from a BBQ we had at our house in June 2011:



Shortly after this BBQ we packed our bags and headed to Tennesse for a week with my family:


While we were there, we went white water rafting:

Since the summer we've been just enjoying life!  Chad was enrolled in 9 hours last semester so we tried to cherish our weekends together as much as we could!  I've gotten completed addicted to Pinterest and have started/completed some of the Pinterest projects I found.  I plan to post about a sign I made my mom for Christmas, coffee filter wreaths, crayon rolls, and a canvas project that I still haven't quite completed! 

I'll be back in a couple of days to post about our Christmas!  We were truly blessed this year and stand in awe of how much we are loved by our families but mostly our Savior. 

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."  John 1:14



I hope you have all had a blessed holiday season!! Here's to blogging and hopefully I will truly jump on board this time!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment